Effective March 15, 2022
SPS Industrial Inc has a separate Privacy Notice for California residents which can be found below.
Information covered by this policy
This Policy covers personally identifiable information and other visitor information collected by SPS Industrial Inc and our advertising partners and affiliations on the Website (sometimes referred to as the "Site") and through other means, including sweepstakes and other promotional programs and directly by our customer service department.
The Information we collect and how we collect it
SPS Industrial Inc may collect personally identifiable information about you and your browsing history, and other information regarding your usage of the Site, including without limitation:
- Customer name
- Email address
- User ID and password
- Billing address and telephone number
- Shipping address and telephone number (if different from billing address)
- Job title
- Federal Tax ID or SSN (DUNS # if an open account)
- Credit card information (optional)
- Birth date
- Viewing history
- Web preferences
- Purchase history
- IP address
- Other information needed to provide access to the Site's applications or MSC Industrial Supply's provision of products and services to you
Our email communications will sometimes include "refer a friend" functionality that allows the recipient to forward the email to a peer. In these cases, the referrer's personal information is not disclosed and only the referral's email address is collected.
Cookies, Beacons and other technology information
Setting your Cookie preference
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. However, you can adjust your computer browser settings so that you are informed when a Cookie is being placed on your browser. You can also set your browser to decline or accept all Cookies. However, you must accept Cookies if you need to access pages on the Site that enable you to review or use your confidential account information. These Cookies are essential for Site administration and security.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you configure your computer to block or erase Cookies, you will not be able to use all or certain parts or features of this Site.
Newer browsers provide sophisticated controls for accepting or rejecting Cookies, including the ability to notify you when your browser encounters a Cookie at a website. Refer to your browser or ISP's Help feature to find out more about how to set these controls. Use the links below to find the latest versions of popular browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
DNT Disclosure Pursuant to Section 22575 of CalOPPA
This website complies with California's Online Privacy Protection Act by disclosing the collection and use by SPS Industrial Inc and its authorized third parties of your personally identifiable information ("PII"). In addition, if you direct your web browser to send a Do Not Track ("DNT") signal, we may prevent access by you to the Website. In the alternative, we may allow access to the Website, but if we allow access, we will restrict the collection of PII pursuant to your browser's DNT signal. To learn more about DNT signals, please see allaboutdnt.com . SPS Industrial Inc values our customers' privacy choices and will take all reasonable steps to comply with your affirmative direction to opt-out. See opt-out below.
Information use and sharing
The information that SPS Industrial Inc collects from the Site is used primarily for improving the Site and to notify our customers of updates to the Site, as well as for other marketing purposes within the law. The collected information is also used to describe Site traffic patterns to vendors who are interested in knowing who is viewing their offerings. SPS Industrial Inc may offer you during your registration on this Site, or through future email, the opportunity to receive offers and information about products and services that MSC Industrial Supply believes may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive any of these offerings or information, you may opt out from such receipt at any time by following the "opting out" procedures listed below.
Sharing information with third parties
From time to time, SPS Industrial Inc may provide PII we collect to certain third parties, including:
- companies that supply the products SPS Industrial Inc sells and are interested in knowing who is viewing their offerings on the Site.
- reputable companies and organizations whose products and services might be of interest to you.
- vendors we contract with to profile customer purchasing behavior, who also supply this information to other third parties for a fee.
- vendors who place advertisements on SPS Industrial Inc’s behalf on various other websites using information we collect about users who have previously visited the Site (e.g., cookies); and
- vendors we contract with to maintain and provide other services relating to the operation of the Site.
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; and
- protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of SPS Industrial Inc, our customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
At SPS Industrial Inc, the choice is in the hands of our customers. You may OPT OUT if you do not want to receive email commercial advertisements or promotions from us in the future. In order to OPT OUT for any of these purposes, use any of the methods listed below. When corresponding, customers should also include their MSC Industrial Supply account number.
To OPT OUT of email communications:
- Log into spsindustrial.com and modify your profile
- Email us: email@example.com
- Customer Service: 321-251-8156
Access to, updating or deletion of collected information
Upon request, SPS Industrial Inc will provide to individuals the ability to correct, update, or remove their personal information collected by SPS Industrial Inc. Customers shall be responsible for keeping their contact information current and accurate and may do so by checking and, if necessary, modifying their profile.
To request that we correct, update, or remove personal information from our databases:
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Service: 321-251-8156
Making sure our customers feel secure is a top priority at SPS Industrial Inc. SPS Industrial Inc is committed to our customers' needs and is continually working toward setting and improving the security of our Site. SPS Industrial Inc currently uses a 128-bit SSL (secure socket layer) for the encryption of transactions on its website. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address. Please remember, however, that you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your user IDs and passwords and absolute security on the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
This Policy covers only information received or collected by SPS Industrial Inc via the Site. The Site may contain links to the websites of third parties. The third-party websites that may be accessed from the Site have separate privacy, data collection, data transfer and email policies. Although SPS Industrial Inc is interested in customer feedback regarding these links, it is not responsible for the privacy practices, security, or content of any of them, or for any events that occur as a result of using these links or visiting any of the websites of third parties.
The site is operated in the United States by U.S. Citizens and is made available for U.S. Customers of SPS Industrial Inc. The site may be accessible outside of the United States but if you are accessing the Site from outside of the United States, the level of privacy restriction may be lower than if you were accessing the Site from within the United States.
Information We Collect
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, SPS Industrial Inc’s Website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.|
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||No|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||No|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
- From third party sources. For example, from companies that help us identify visitors to our website based on visits to other websites.
We may use, sell or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including various marketing materials, targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.’s, or its affiliates’, assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc. or its affiliates about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Sharing Personal Information
SPS Industrial Inc may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Service providers.
- Data aggregators.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has sold the following categories of personal information:
- Data aggregators
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that MSC disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Writing to us at:
1121 SE Ocean Blvd Fl 2
Stuart Fl 34996
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by sending us an email firstname.lastname@example.org:
and including the following information:
- Your name
- Your MSC account number (if any)
- How we may contact you regarding your request
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
SPS Industrial Inc reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.